Monday, May 16, 2005

procrastination can wait

No seriously, this isn't procrastination, it's just filling in time before the pizza arrives for dinner. The fact that I have other things that need to be done is of little consequence right now. There are far more important matters at hand:

1. Ummm.... ahhh...

Okay, so I'm procrastinating.

I find it interesting how the things that you know will be the best and most important things you have ever done are often the hardest things of all to do. I find it interesting how these things, although always constant in their most important nature, often lose the lustre of their appeal when something a little more shiny catches your eye. Actually, I find it a little scary, and the sense of regret that you feel when you draw your gaze back to the important things I find disturbing. And yet, it is also a problem when you so vigorously draw your gaze back as to negatively affect people you care about.
Wow, how cryptic is that! More later.

Later (after pizza and good times with the boys):
Well look, I just hate the thought of hurting people, and I think sometimes I could hurt people when I try so hard to keep my focus on the big things and forget to care. It worries me that I do this - really worries me - and it worries me too that at the same time I've got so much concern for the way people see me. Seriously, if I'm too concerned with making sure that everyone is thinking that I've got all the big things together and there's nothing out of the ordinary happening that I neglect to be a friend to a friend then I don't care what anyone says - my priorities are down the crapper and I should get my head forcefully pulled back out into the sunshine and smacked. Being like that is hardly the way to grow up to be a man of God.
Wow, angry... i guess my blood must still be racing from calling Centrelink this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment