Sunday, September 04, 2005

covered

Some days, the world just seems to be covered in water. "You fool, that's because it's raining..." I hear you say. But surely you would know of my infatuation with the metaphorical, and so be able to satisfy yourself that I am not deluded, nor am I saying that I am a fish, nor that I stayed in the bath too long, but that I do indeed have a hidden meaning behind my statement. Satisfy yourself that this meaning is deep, almost mysterious, saying to yourself "Hmmm, interesting..." and pondering the possible meaning for a short time, then move on to doing something a little less universally inconsequential.
actually... to tell the truth i just wanted an excuse to ramble...

3 comments:

  1. metaphorically speaking... don't ever forget your raincoat or gumboots...
    or even jsut don't go out that day... stay in the perfect comfort of your blankie...

    if you want to demetaphor it at all - grab me any time, I'm happy to chat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean that the world is so covered with water that every sound, every action is muted, and slowed?

    OR do you mean that every vision you see is contorted and ripples with the slightest of waves.

    OR that everything is so overwhelming that you feel that the atmosphere has suddenly increased and you can't breath.

    Maybe there is a larger pragmatic unit (is that what it's called?) than those that I have picked up, I could think about it more, but I've realised that I have a lot of assignments on this week. Thinking will have to be saved for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehee... I did actually just want to write something, and it sounded like the kind of thing that i usually have a metaphor behind, so i wrote it :o) there may be something deeper, but i'd rather sleep in the shallows. Besides, can't stay in my blankie this week! Comfort zones have no place this week or next... there are more important things to worry about than comfort...

    ReplyDelete