Sunday, June 05, 2005

foundation

I'm really glad that I ended up going to Sonia's dessert soiree. I was unsure, even refusing the invitation at first, but to have the best of times with the best of people is hardly an opportunity to pass up. Especially when you have the best of food to satisfy any discerning palate. Sonia is such a generous host. Frozen berries and whipped cream is an utterly delightful dish at worst. I'm eagerly anticipating seeing the many photos that were taken throughout the night - my guess is about 200. To finish the night off with singing was great! Praise God that we can sing, and that we have something to sing about!

I'm not sure, but I think I'm sounding inconsistent because I'm distracted. I've been wondering of late about the nature of a blog, and why people would use them. I think it must be because there are people who just want to be heard, who for some reason cannot or will not be heard vocally. And am I such a person? I must be. I have written cryptically and repetitively in this blog about things I hesitate to tell even my closest friends. I have written poems and spun analogies whose meanings would embarrass me enormously should they fall into the wrong hands. So why on earth would I put these things in the most publicly accessible arena possible? Maybe I like the thrill of the chase; the thought that maybe, just maybe, these meanings will fall into the hands of someone whose intrinsic involvement in these secretive structures was hitherto unknown to them. Oh foolish man that I am! Why be chased when I can meet face-to-face and be known?

I'm glad for this week just past. Everything seems much clearer now. I know what I need to sort out; I know what I need to do; I know who I need to follow. Things are looking up, because I know God is on my side - at my side even - and that I am His. It's a fragile "up" I suspect, as it almost always is, but it's different this time - it's on a solid foundation. A trustworthy foundation.

1 comment:

  1. why blog? cause getting it out there actually makes you feel a whole lot better. Even if its a fickle mess... to have been able to blog it out - often is a way to release whatever is stresing you.

    That being said - nothing works quite as well as talking to a friend about it all. Seriously - make sure you have people who you can just spill your guts no matter how wrong / inconsiderate / not the "perfect Christian godly example" your thinking can be.

    If you want a gut spilling expedition - always feel free to talk to me about it! :)

    ReplyDelete