Saturday, May 05, 2007

well met

I went for a walk last night to clear my head. I headed down to Blackwattle Bay, as I often do just to escape everything that makes me think that I have a large part in this world. There's a good view of a very large bridge just across the still, misty water. It calms me.

I met Stacey and Amy down there, two of my sisters from church who live nearby. They were talking about where evil came from, wrestling with that weighty issue by the waterside. They invited me to join, and so I did, and there ensued two hours of thought about a topic far more fruitful and far more encouraging than what I would have thought about if I had been alone. Even when we moved onto other things, the company was still good and the focus was still God.

This was just another event that shows me that God knows what I need the most at any point in time. I am really struggling with loneliness at the moment, and I'm forever focussing my thoughts on relationships and such when all this time I would be feeling so much better if I turned my thoughts to God. I thank God for putting those two there last night.

I have to go and party now.

2 comments: