Monday, March 12, 2007

foreign correspondence

My computer is currently having the poos. Many of them.

You see, because I have an external CD drive, it's hard for me to do a clean re-install of Windows. When I finally made some progress in this regard, I got as far as formatting my hard drive (for those who don't know, this is basically erasing everything on the drive), and there was an error with some installation file on the CD. Not happy. So now I have a completely empty hard drive. I would happily just try again, but I have an Upgrade version of Windows, and you need an old version of Windows to upgrade from. My old version of Windows is now in data heaven, and it ain't coming back, so I have to borrow one. I am remembering why it is that I'm not going into a computer-related profession.

So, due to this fiasco, I'm blogging from Sydney Uni's Best Kept Secret Access Lab*. Hence the title.

I went paintballing on Saturday... sooo much fun!!! I loved working as a team to achieve an objective of some kind, and particularly working with a smaller sub-team to take care of each other, providing covering fire and working forward while being each other's auxiliary pairs of eyes. Oh the rush... hiding behind a wall of tyres and shooting someone who thinks the gap between the two barrels they're crouching behind isn't wide enough for someone to shoot through... lying behind a barricade and looking across the field, seeing your teammates lying in the long, south-Asian-looking grass picking off enemies across the creek... running through trenches between earth mounds and hiding just behind them while looking around the corner and trying to pick off the enemy hiding around the corner of another mound... Pity it's so expensive, or I'd do it heaps.

I'm tired, so I'm going home.

*No, I'm not going to tell you what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment