Tuesday, July 05, 2005

enigmatic

My life is one giant jigsaw puzzle right now, and I'm kind of enjoying watching the picture emerge as each piece fits into its place. It's a pretty weird picture hey! Like, when you expect to see a Gothic cathedral but a duck flashes across the puzzle in an instant and just as quickly in changes again and you see a sunrise over the sea. I think it may turn into a treesnake but at the same time it could turn into a paint can. It could even turn into a fishbowl, but I hope not... don't really want another fishbowl; a long winding road would be much better. But it's all there, just waiting for God to show me where the next piece fits. I think the edge pieces are mostly there now... kind of cross-shaped...

11 comments:

  1. nice descriptive. I think thats honestly bout all we can do at times.... just wait for God to show us the next piece... all the while appreciating the vision we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, hit the nail on the head there.

    That duck really threw me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly would... we don't take too kindly to their kind in gothic cathedrals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the treesnake might just eat the duck for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually I quite a fear of ducks. I have been attacked by one - and was quite shaken up from it.

    Seriously - they are very territorial, and when they peck you un the stomach its not real friendly.

    These ducks were owned by my previous minister. evil creatures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad, i know someone who is afraid of snails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww mick, u poor thing :o) my experiences of ducks are far less terrifying. They've mostly involved exercising stewardship/dominance over them ;o) and they're so cute when they're really tiny, except when they poo on you. Interesting that you should bring up the fear aspect though... very interesting...

    kristy, is your friend a gardener? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are ok when they are cute little ducklings... just when they grow to enormous "guard ducks" that they suddenly become a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think you might have come across a particularly nasty one... the one we nabbed from Vic Park lake/pond didn't make a peep... until the girls found it in the morning that is ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah no, or at least only in secret.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this duck was aptly named "ducky" by the 6 year old son of the previous minister at my church. It was known as the 'guard duck' by everyone else... It didn't respond to anyone. Evil creature... still gives me the heebies just thinking about it :)

    that is such a cool "present"... hehe :)

    ReplyDelete