Sunday, March 01, 2009

waking hours

Hallelujah! What a Saviour!

God is awesome. No matter how hard I try, I still can't get my head around the fact that the most powerful and glorious act in the history of the universe was also the most humble and weak. This simply amazes me. What a man. What a God. What love and faithfulness! And what a call it is to be like Him. How could I ever be? How could I ever be a Christ-like man? How could I ever be a husband who gives himself up for his wife like Christ did for the church? How could I ever be so lovingly humble? What a call.

In other news, I'm awake and it's past midnight. Well, I'm awake and haven't slept yet. I've called in "sick" for tomorrow, so if something happens to you on a bus tomorrow morning it won't be because I slept while I was too tired. I lay awake for a while wondering if I really wanted to lose the day's pay, but the lives of up to 70 people at a time are worth far more than that money. I guess having to make a decision like that means I must be some kind of adult now hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment