Friday, November 07, 2008

cello

I saw my cello for the first time in a very long time tonight. It normally sits in the corner of the room in its case, but I opened the case to show my housemate. It only made me want to play it again even more. I'll have to give it a play these holidays, and see if I learn to play it functionally or something.

There are a lot of things I want to do over these holidays - I'm expecting it to be quite an exhausting time. If you notice me spending all my available time watching TV or playing computer games, please reprimand me. I don't want my life to be dominated by these things.

I'd really like to make some music.

Oh, and I'm about to become a fully-fledged academic - I'm getting reading glasses.

And in completely unrelated news, I'm still getting used to the fact that most of the people I hang out with are younger than my little sister! It's basically an unexpected and yet not entirely unpleasant redefinition of the word "peer". Man, it's going to feel weird when I finally find my feet in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment