Tuesday, August 28, 2007

romantic

There are moments in my life when a fact I have known since I was a boy is confirmed to me again: I am little more than a hopeless romantic at heart.

Lisa Mitchell's song "Incomplete Lullaby" is pretty much exactly what I think of as beautiful music. Simple piano, simple voice, weird lyrics with thoughtful imagery... it's got it all, and it gets me every time.

The boys laughed at me for liking her so much in Australian Idol last year... but whatever. I'm finally old enough to make up my own mind about the music I like. It only took 23 years...

1 comment:

  1. it's not a bad thing dude. I actually think that more people are than aren't. I think that it's a funny societal thing that women are becoming less romantics and men are tending to become more so. but that is just thought of the day :)

    ReplyDelete