Tuesday, October 18, 2005

joytension

Hey there...

"joytension" is the new word I just made up to describe where I'm at right now.

It's the state of being unable to tell whether your energy, which seems at times to be bubbling over uncontrollably, comes from joy or from tension.

I have so many things to be thankful for, and they are all God. He loves, and loves, and loves, and just to top it off, he loves some more and gives his Spirit. I have never felt God's presence so strongly as I do now. I am lagging in reading the Bible, and I don't nearly pray enough... I am so thirsty, so desperately thirsty - my inmost being cries out in desperation for the refreshing liquid that is communion with my God, and I know He is there and will give me all I can ever take, when I turn from my distractions and just drink deeply.

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint."


I have so many things giving me tension in my life. They are uni, EU, connect, friendships, family, leisure, and they are all becoming tense now. My armour is actually working! The shoes of the gospel of peace are making me ready for the barrage, the shield of faith is deflecting the first fronts of the attack, and the belt of truth is binding it all together. I wonder though, when will I learn to use my sword?

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time that I've actually explicitly heard someone say that their armour is working... hehe... In all the drama of life I often wonder how much of a difference Ephesians 6 actually makes in our everyday struggles and temptations...

    So I must say... hearing that brought me much joy and hope and praise. Our God is good in equipping us with all we will need for daily life. I've just gotta see it as that... and not just some meaningless words on the page...

    And now that I think about it, my armour is not doing a bad job either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :o) Our God is good indeed! I'm glad to hear you're praising Him and hoping in Him and finding joy in Him - it's wonderful!

    No meaningless words could ever be so real in their effect. You know, Paul would have written that stuff from his observations, not from his understanding of what should happen, so he was speaking of what he knew the Christian life is, not what it should be. I reckon he probably had a moment once where he thought "Hey yeah, this stuff God's done in me is like spiritual armour, and it's not doing a bad job".

    ReplyDelete