Saturday, September 04, 2010

blake ii - piety

Here's the second poem I submitted. This one was a bit more of an after-thought, coming together from bits I didn't put in the other one. Still, I think it's alright.


Piety

"Dear God,
Please give me my daily bread,
And maybe just a little bit more for good measure.
Amen."

He stands up,
turns,
and leaves the church.

Clean clothes, full stomach,
A heart full,
A swing in his step.

Steps over a down man
sprawled on the ground.
His conscience indulges in guilt
but feet must keep walking,
so his back speaks his mind.


- Iain Hart

2 comments:

  1. God will lead you in the right direction.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He will, He's good like that :o) thanks for your comment! God bless :o)

    ReplyDelete