Wednesday, May 20, 2009

buzz

It's not often these days that I'll use my blog just to brag about feeling good... but man, walking home in the rain today made be buzz even more than I was. I felt alive, and man it felt good.

I think a couple of reasons for feeling so good were that I was also listening to Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead, from The Bends (which I have decided is an incredible album), while walking home; also, I had the thought of a melancholic demeanour being "a fearful gift" going through my head courtesy of a quote in the book I'm reading, "Lincoln's Melancholy". The rain, the song, the quote all made me realise something - the sickening, smothering blackness that has been my involuntary reaction to life's curveballs can be a blessing rich, perilous, beautiful and powerful. Praise God, that was freeing.

I'm going to go and cook pasta with sauce and cheese and enjoy the heck out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment