Tuesday, June 05, 2007

ubuntu is mine

I just received in the post a Ubuntu CD that I ordered a while ago. Ubuntu is a distribution of Linux which I hope to get running on my old computer so I can use it for programming and music recording and stuff. That'll keep me busy in the holidays! :o)

edit: my old laptop's CD drive has risen from the grave and is enabling me to install Ubuntu with minimal fuss!!! I'm astonished! Thanks God! This probably isn't the best time for me to do this though I guess.

update: well... the cd drive died again. Thus far, I've got FreeDOS running, copied the installation CD to the harddrive and am working on getting it to boot. Slow process!

update 2: success!!! and now I'm going to sleep coz it's crazy late.

1 comment:

  1. I tried putting an Ubuntu build on my computer a while ago. I can't be bothered to set up Linux, it is so much work. Give me XP, and I'll be a happy boy. I know how to keep it safe and running.

    ReplyDelete