Sunday, February 18, 2007

changes

Over the last few days I've been contemplating many things, and one of these is that life changes. Many things happen in life to bring about changes in who you are, who you know and what you do, and often there are times when lots of things change all at once. A number of things have changed in my life recently - I might share some of them with you.

1. Changed name - I'm taking on my mother's maiden name as my surname. This is just basically so my future family doesn't have to endure what I and the rest of my family have. It's really weird and is taking a while to get used to. Guess you could say I've had a Hart transplant :o)

2. Changed friendships - the intricacies of which I won't divulge to the whole world (eeek...). God is good - for better or for worse in all of it, blessed be the name of the LORD.

3. Changed house - I'm further into Glebe now.

4. Changed staple diet - I've moved on from sausages and noodles to pasta and pasta sauce with cheese mixed through, with or without sausages as well. It's healthier, but still isn't heaps great.

5. Changed hair - I got my first professional haircut since May 2004 - that's right, over two and a half years. It's short, but not too short. The kind of short that you don't have to worry about much, but which you can do just enough with when you go out.

6. Changed observation - it's becoming clear that the way I see the world is changing for the worse. At least, my capability to see the worst is increasing. Sometimes this leads to awareness; sometimes it leads to pessimism.

...and there are others.

I never really have liked change all that much. It's just interesting to see how things that change can affect so much of life. Any thoughts?

P.S. My venus fly trap has one healthy-looking new leaf growing on it :o)

2 comments:

  1. hey matie!!

    its been so long since i read your blog! so much to read!
    btw, thanks so much for helping me move in on saturday, most appreciated.

    changing your name!!!! wow! thats huge.

    interesting reading the hillsong stuff. i've definately made up my mind about hillsong now, and i'm sad to say it ain't happy.
    i read an article in this magazine - http://secure.fellowworkers.com/cgi-bin/mmstore/ebrfg340.html?id=EnPgZpJY - produced by matthais church. it was so so depressing. but it has meant that i've made my mind up on hillsong music, their teaching and what i think. probably best to ask me in person, i get quite animated.

    hope you're doing well. will be seeing you soon no doubt!!!
    ellie
    ps. i dont keep a blog anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I know, I noticed that last post on your blog. Sad to see you go! (not that you've really gone anywhere...)

    I'd wait until you've actually been to make your judgement. Then you can at least scrutinise it first-hand. That will give your opinion a little more credibility, even if it doesn't change.

    From what I've heard, what they mean by certain things (like "salvation") is different to what we mean by it... which is probably a great thing to remember when talking to them.

    ReplyDelete